Thursday, March 24, 2011

Vows

Our wedding vows are hung on a wall in our kitchen. They've been up in our home since we've been married. We carried them with us when we moved to Denver several years ago and hung them in our foyer. And when we returned to Tampa, we hung them back on our kitchen wall.



But how often do I take a moment and read our vows in order to remember what I promised to my husband and to Jesus? Two nights ago while we were sitting at our table eating dinner, Vipul said "I've been thinking about something. I think we should make it a priority to read our vows every day. I think it would be much harder to be upset with one another if we're remembering our vows each day." Wow, how he blessed my heart when he spoke those words. Here are the vows we each wrote over 6 years ago.

Vipul's:
I promise from the depths of my heart,
To love you always as I love myself,
To serve you by placing your needs before my own,
And to stand guard over our home.
I promise to always strive to be an example of Christ and His sacrifice,
Giving grace, mercy, and security in abundance,
And to remain forever faithful and true to you,
Letting nothing but death separate us.

Mine:
I promise to love you, to be faithful to you,
And to submit to you as to the Lord all the days of my life.
I commit myself to making a home where you will feel fully accepted, appreciated, and respected.
I promise to help you embrace the significance that you already have in Christ.
Until the Lord takes my last breath, I shall remain forever by your side.


Lord, please engrave these vows on my heart and help me to live them out each and every day through Your strength and grace.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Great idea VIp!! I think I need your vows to read in my house every day :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful vows! You've definitely encouraged me to display ours in our home too! :)

Carolina said...

Thes are beautiful vows. Thanks for sharing sweet friend!

UpperBottom said...

Hi! I'm visiting from Amber's Articles. Great idea to hang the vows up!!!!

Hope to see you at www.upperbottom.com!