Monday, September 27, 2010

Lessons Through Anlon

A dear friend of mine, Bethany, shared these words with me before I had Anlon. 'Kindra, learn about God through baby Shah. It will revolutionize your life, marriage and relationship with the Lord.' In the 9 short weeks that 'baby Shah' has been in our presence, he has already taught me so much.

Yesterday was a rough day. Vipul was out of town, on a long-awaited guys retreat, and Anlon had developed a cough the night before. By the morning, it was clear that he didn't feel well. Thankfully, he didn't have a fever. But the coughing had become more frequent and he had some nasal congestion. All day, he just couldn't get comfortable. He wasn't nursing as well, wasn't playing as well and most of all wasn't resting as well. I could tell he was so tired, but he just couldn't sleep. At one point, I was upstairs rocking him. I had the lights turned out, lullabies on, and as I tried to slowly rock him to sleep, he wiggled. And squirmed. And fussed. And cried. And as I began to whisper to him, 'Just rest Anlon, just rest', God revealed something about Himself to me in that moment. When I'm not feeling good, and I don't know what to do or what to say or even what to pray for, He wants me to rest in Him. To just rest in the knowledge that He knows every detail of my heart, He is always good, He is always with me and He will always take care of me.


One of my favorite verses is Matthew 11:28 'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Life can be really hard. There are so many things that can pull me away from feeling rested. Currently, having a new baby who wakes up frequently at night makes feeling physically rested a challenge. But much more important that physical rest is spiritual rest.

Anlon finally did fall asleep. He finally did rest in my arms. And in that moment, I rested in my Heavenly Father's arms.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hey kindra,
saw your blog on FB and thought i'd check it out! that is a bummer that anlon got his cold while vip was out of town :-( but i am so thankful for the ways God is revealing Himself to you. that verse about rest is one of my very favorites as well- really the verse that led me to surrendering my life to the Lord in the first place. blessings as you continue this journey of motherhood with anlon and trusting childlike-ness with jesus!! hugs, haley

Lela said...

O have I been there 100 times! It is alwasy a gentle reminder of how much God loves us and is always for our good. Praise Him for the glimpses we are receiving.

Carolina said...

What a sweet post Kindra! Thank you for being so genuine and sharing your heart. So wonderful that God can speak to us as mother's through our little ones. Hope he's feeling better by now!

Amber said...

This is so true. During those moments when you are alone, the frustration fades, and God speaks so clearly.

After reading your post yesterday, I was rocking Bennett and praying that I would rest in the One who gives rest.

Thank you!

Shelly said...

Hey Kindra - I just created a google account so I can comment on your wonderful blog. Anlon is so ADORABLE! I love reading how much you are enjoying him and seeing the new pictures on Facebook. Looking forward to snuggling him :-)