Friday, September 3, 2010

Times

As I'm sitting here nursing Anlon, I'm listening to one of my favorite artists, Tenth Avenue North. One of their songs, Times, makes me cry every time I hear it. It describes a longing for God, an aching to be close to Him, while questioning if He is still there, if He has grown tired of forgiving. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAVHeVDML5k

Some things are almost impossible to describe. I've experienced God's forgiveness, mercy and grace in ways that I find hard to put into words. If left to myself, I can be selfish, hateful, unforgiving, judgmental, angry, resentful, prideful, manipulative...the list goes on. Vipul can probably add a few more :) But I believe with everything that I am in a holy, perfect God who loves me despite my sin, who gives purpose to this crazy world I live in, who created me in His image but gave me the option of choosing to love Him, and loved me so much that He took the weight of every one of my sins upon Himself and sacrificed Himself on a cross so that I could choose, or not, to accept Him. My life has not been easier since making the decision to follow Christ. In fact, some of the most painful experiences I've had occurred since making this decision. But I've had a glimpse of love like I'd never known, a peace in the midst of turmoil, joy unlike any other. I know my Creator and that's everything I need.

4 comments:

Carolina said...

Thanks for sharing Kindra! I haven't had a chance to comment before but I really like your blog and the first post you had.

I love the song 'hold my heart' by tenth avenue north. Also I think the lead singer of the band had a little girl right around the same time I had Jack. They sure write some great songs!

Amber said...

Thanks so much for joining in Kindra. Music truly is a blessing from God. I know it has filled my heart time and time again. Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

Look at you - two posts in one week! You are a wonderful writer too! Thanks for sharing!

WhitneyandScott said...

Welcome to the blog world. This blog design is BEAUTIFUL!!! And your little Anlon is beautiful, too - so sweet.:)