Monday, April 25, 2011

Multitude Mondays - the beginning


I've been reading a book that has begun to change my perspective. (A Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp) 
So I've started a daily discipline of jotting down throughout each day things that I'm thankful for, in order to create a heart of gratitude that will remain long after my 1000 gifts are recorded. And in order to hold myself accountable to doing this each day, I will be posting my list every Monday. My first list is a bit longer because I started mid-week and continued through the next week.

I'm thankful for:

April 13, 2011

1. Hope
2. very specific prayers answered
3. a crushed spirit that leads me closer to my Savior
4. my little boy mesmerized by the beautiful fountain in Hyde Park
5. women gathered together growing in gratitude

April 14, 2011

6. the beginning of a discipline for a changed heart
7. unexpected energy after a very early morning
8. a quiet home
9. Carolina taking the time to write an encouraging letter to someone she's never met

April 15, 2011

10. remembering why I'm writing this list
11. Anlon Vipul Shah

12. time with Robyn and Norah Grace
13. my husband's heart

April 16, 2011

14. smooth time at the airport
15. the sun reflecting over Vipul and Anlon as they watch the planes
16. the most glorious Alabama day I've ever seen
17. fresh fish for dinner caught by Vipul and Uncle David
18. a conversation with Kristine that touched my heart

April 17, 2011

19. a place that feels like going home
20. good southern food
21. sound parenting advice

April 18, 2011

22. Anlon saying "dada" to Vipul
23. our little man so happy on the plane, despite exhaustion

April 19, 2011

24. my joy renewed this morning after a difficult evening
25. Ada's encouraging phone call
26. encouragement and truth spoken by the women in my Bible Study Fellowship group

April 20, 2011

27. God's word spoken
28. the butterfly who greeted me in my hurry to the car
29. sweet phone call from my mother-in-law and her love for Anlon

April 21, 2011

30. A new friend Betsy and her little boy Austin
31. Amber watching Anlon this afternoon

April 22, 2011

32. 10 hours of Anlon not waking last night - a record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
33. early evening walk with the two most important people in my life
34. a holy and perfect God made a way for imperfect me to have an intimate relationship with Him

April 23, 2011

35. visit with Heather, Blake, Jenna and just born little Nathan Tyler
36. the YMCA

April 24, 2011

37. friends that are family
38. Anlon and Jenna enjoying one another
39. Jesus Christ is living and active in our home














































'










1 comment:

Amber said...

That is such a sweet photo of Anlon!! Beautiful list friend!