Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Quiet

It's been far too long since I've written more than a Multitude Monday post. And after reading Amber's Journey of Faith Friday post last week and she posed the question "How is God working in your life as you journey with Him?", I knew I needed to share. 

"The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever." Isaiah 32:17

"This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength. But you would have none of it." Isaiah 30:15


"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3-4

God laid these verses on my heart several months ago. I was longing for a change. A change of heart. "For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks." Matthew 12:34b

I was longing for a glimpse of understanding - how can I become an example of a Proverbs 31 woman? And yet, no matter how hard I tried, I failed and failed. I failed. In my strength, I failed. But the Lord reminded me of His promise -  "I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Isaiah 46:4b. God will carry me and sustain me. I do not have the strength to change myself. Deep, lasting change can only from from Him.

I was longing to experience freedom from strongholds that have tied me down for too many years. And the Lord led me to a desire for a gentle and quiet spirit. For when I am quiet, I am trusting God. I am letting go of myself, of my perceived injustice, of my misunderstanding, of my fear, of my disappointment, of my pride, of my last word. I'm not there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press onto take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." Philippians 3:12








.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I love you. Enough said.

Carolina said...

A beautifully written post. I can relate to feeling like 'I fail over and over again' in being a mother- I know I can't do it on my own and get frustrated with myself as you know. What a blessing that the Lord changes us and gives us the power to do what we cannot on our own. Love you friend!